Sunday, March 1, 2009

OK, so you want the short version...

A friend who is a Less-Than-Faithful Reader, reading my blog only when boredom sets in and every DIY and reality show on cable is a rerun, tells me my previous post on long versions of songs vs. short versions is, well, too long. She wants the short version. As she would have known if she'd finished the post, so do I. Here goes: when I was young, I liked hearing the 5-minute album version of a song rather than the 3-minute single, or the 8-minute dance remix rather than the 4-minute radio version. Now, with practically the entire history of recorded music at my digital disposal, I generally want the short versions, except for "Layla" or "American Pie." That's it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well.. as your "friend" who only watches DIY and reality shows.. I soooo appreciate the shorter version of your post. Much more palatable for my unsophisticated repertoire, dear.. ; ) Thank you very much.